Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Introducing...

Gotcha, didn't I?! You were expecting me to announce a referral. I sure wish I was. We thought we would have Twiggy Four home by now. It's hard to enter the summer months filled with family events without him. So a friend suggested to play a little game to help pass the time and to make it feel a little more like he's here.


So, without further ado, I introduce to you...


Twiggy Bear! This is a bear that Twiggy Three owned and I loved. Several months ago he was downsizing his stuffed animals and I retrieved Twiggy Bear from the donate pile. He's so soft and sweet that I just couldn't let him go. I decided to save him for Twiggy Four. The plan is to mail him overseas before we travel so Twiggy Four can smell our scent and hopefully begin the bonding process even before we hold him in our arms. I've had him next to my bed for awhile and sometimes I even sleep with him. The bigger Twigs tease me, but I don't let it bother me. I always tell them I have reasons for doing what I do.


So instead of reporting the adventures of a new son, I'll be bringing you "The Adventures Of Twiggy Bear" this summer. Tomorrow he goes on his first road trip as I drive Twiggy Two and some of her classmates on a field trip to Walla Walla, Washington. He'd better get used to car trips because we have a fun summer planned. I'll let you know how he does.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I am totally in love with this idea, in fact it has brought tears to my eyes. You are so inspiring, Mama Branch. Hugs to you and Twiggy Bear! I can't wait to see your many adventures! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea..Nila

    ReplyDelete